11-06-2007, 03:39 PM   #13
peterg1965
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d M Sport, F15 X5 40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerbird View Post
Maybe in with the chance of driving the new M3 for a full day or even possibly a weekend in exchange for four free rounds of golf. The demo M3 is pretty booked up at the moment but the DP is a keen golfer

Problem is, if you drive it, will you then want one 'cos' it's so good or do you say sod it, drive it anyway and put up with the 'oil burner' (Hi Carlos)

What would you do boys?
Beemerbird, I drove the dealer demo a few weeks back. I certainly didnt have it for a full day, but wish I could have! It was absolutely awesome in every respect: looks, sound and drive. If money was absolutely no object it would be high on the list for the next car for me. However, reality is that it is not an 'everyday' proposition, not just because of the cost to buy it, but the running costs. I know I would be tempted to rev it to 7K on a regular basis and I suspect the outcome would be diabolical fuel economy! I have to say the 335d is a pefect combination of performance and economy, so it wins for me.

I say go and enjoy the test drive, get it 'out of your system' so to speak then go back to the 335d, which is probably the best BMW on the market today!

The 'BMW world' according to Pete
Appreciate 0