View Single Post
      03-31-2022, 02:55 AM   #26
jjjjjjjjjjjjj
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
So there's a reason eventuri went from V1 to V1.5 by adding that "shroud" piece. Way back when someone far more knowledgeable than any of us figured out our engines do not do well with open air, which V 1.0 was. I had it and my car ran like shit 30% of the time. Best way I could describe it was - just like an AMG GT, when I stepped on the gas, it SOUNDED like all sorts of angry shit was going in but there was either a lag with boost or I didn't seem to get full WOT. We switched back to stock and the problem went away. So I tried GruppeM - nowhere near as loud as Eventuri V1 but I got what I wanted 100% of the time, which was for the car to actually move. (I attached pics so in the first pic, you can see how the cones are exposed on the eventuri V1)

Modern day cars are getting SO efficient and the engineering is getting much more sophisticated. F90 wasn't the first car to suffer from performance loss with the first iteration of intakes - I believe the new Vette suffered the same conflicts at launch.

I went gruppeM because it was the closest to stock. Everything was sealed in the air box. Again, didn't have the sound of an open air system but you didn't have performance loss.
Also it just looks sick lol
Appreciate 1
shoei7779.00