View Single Post
      12-18-2008, 03:47 PM   #1
newtom3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 Coupe

Most Ridiculous 1200 Service Experience (rant)

so my 1200 service appt has been in for two weeks at BMW Monterey (Seaside, CA). So I get there, and ask questions about what would be done, esp on the MDCT fluid change. The SA claims to not have heard anything unusual about the MDCT fluid, even though he's been there for 25 years.
How is that possible... have they not sold any 08 M3's and serviced them, ever?

OK, fine. Then he calls the Service Manager, who seems like a nice and competent enough guy. He says that usually they do change the fluid, but yes, it's a special fluid that they order right from BMW. But the SA says, well right here in the old computer, it doesn't mention to change the MDCT fluid. I can't believe that I am the first MDCT M3 to go thru this place?!?!

But that's nothing compared to what comes next. I wait for 2 hours... only to be called by the SA... who tells me that they can't do anything for the car today, because they have no parts. No parts as in NO oil, NO microfilter, NO nothing... and since they can't do that, they won't scope the car or even look at it. I drove 1.5 hours to this dealer, to wait for two hours, to be told they have no freaking engine oil?!?!? How stupid and incompetent can a service or parts department be???

Or is BMW out of stock on basic engine oil? Can you imagine such a ludicrous experience. Then they have the gall (they usually do at this point) to ask me if they should call me when the 'parts come in'..... wow.

Anyway, beware of these clowns at BMW Monterey... I'm not quite sure they can add 1 and 1, if they can't even change the oil on a new car. Good god.
Appreciate 0