View Single Post
      04-20-2011, 03:25 PM   #8
krnboy817
Major
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i coupe

^ my warranty is extended to 6/100,000 miles from being a CPO car.

so i have 40k which leaves me 60,000 more miles
its 2008 so i have 2 years left

for the warranty part. which ever comes first tho.

far as the maintenance goes, it would have been over when i hit 40k or if 4 yrs came up first. but i paid extra 1400 so that i would have maintenance up to 100,000 miles no matter the years.

this way i can always just take it in and get something done if i think there is something that needs to be done. all they can say is "nothing wrong" or fix what ever it is and dont have to pay a penny for anything.

im coming from owning 2 mercedes, they never offered a prepaid maintenance package and always had to pay for each. at the dealers (must if you have warranty left on the car) initial service A & B is about 400 - 500 bucks every 13k - 15k depending on model. so for me it was no brainer to buy the prepaid package.

all these cars are high end cars no matter what series you drive. either you are going to fork it over for something or try to make the best deal you can when you can. if not might as well drive something else.

i already got my moneys worth. just check how much your brake change is. then how much your first initial maintenance is. then add up how much oil change would be (least two). then also add peace at mind knowing you can just take your car in for any work.

im coming from owning 2 mercedes previously, both cars take about 400 - 500 bucks for maintenance or service A & B every 13k to 15k miles depending on the car model. all work had to be done at the dealership unless you wanted to void any kind of warranty to the car. MB before never sold anything pre paid package until this year so for me it was a no brainer to buy a prepaid package.

driving is poetry in motion.

Last edited by krnboy817; 04-20-2011 at 03:32 PM..
Appreciate 0