Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Carrera T 7MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousq View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffe View Post
Let's call it what it is. This will be an amazing 4 door missile. Definitely less widow-maker and fun than previous gens, but it'll be a stupid fast with great technology.

8 speed auto is lame, I don't care how great they say it is. I will knock it because I have tried it, my dodge truck was an 8 speed auto. The previous DCT was amazing and I actually appreciated the ever so slight jerkiness in first gear. Not a fan of this new decision. Hopefully this is something that changes.

As a guy who loves all things manual trans, I'm obviously bummed it's gone, but I think most reasonable people saw this coming. I get it, it makes sense.

*sigh* I looked at the reveal this week and honestly didn't even care. I miss the old days. At this point, I want the cars from yesteryear. If BMW is going to numb the car this much at least give us the wagon version in the states!
You are seriously comparing a Dodge truck transmission to a BMW M "tuned" 8 speed auto? I agree, I wish we would get a wagon which has me considering a AMG, but I will try it before I knock it.
Silly comparison, I get it. But where I'm going with this is the fact that an American truck uses an 8 speed auto. Maybe the auto is amazing, who knows. But I don't see Porsche or Audi back tracking into the auto for their performance models. It just sounds like regression to me. The DCT was amazing and I'm so bummed it's going away. I'm even more scared for what the next gen m3/4 is going to show up with

Previous:
2018 Mini Cooper S (F56) (grey/black)6MT
2015 NC Miata club PRHT 6MT
2007 911 Carrera 2 (black/tan) 6MT
2017 Grand Sport (blue/white/red) 7MT
2015 BMW M4 (BSM/SS) 6MT
2011 C63 AMG (black/black) 7A
Appreciate 0