10-08-2007, 09:21 PM   #19
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by TESLAASTRO View Post
IMO go for the 135.....

Lips, I totally agree with your last post as a G owner.......I think the 335 coupe is wayyyy overpriced .....

IMO i dont think the 1 will be considered a stripped down, or cheap BMW.....logically, is a 3, currently the least expensive (most models) of the BMW line, considered stripped down?

The 135 will (hopefully) be a niche, enthusiast vehicle, and a kick ass one at that.....if it wasnt for the 135, BMW wouldnt even be on my radar (no offense guys) simply because performance versions of the 3 and 5 series are beyond my budget (40k)

Think about it, who's going to buy a 135?....families - nope too small, older empty nesters- nope, not while theres the 3 series, college students - nope, too expensive. yuppie singles - yep. enthusiasts - yep. families as a second car to the SUV- yep(moi).....I mean, theres a significant and substantial part of the car driving community (especially here in S FLA if you know what i mean) who would reject the 135 merely because it's a coupe

IMO I dont think it's a stretch to assume that the 135 will have as much appeal to the broad spectrum of drivers as the 3 does.....thats a good thing for us though....

also, 3 series BMWs are as common as liver spots on the old folks down here in S FLA....every soccer mom, yuppie, pseudo intellectual, house poor car rich, penny stockbroker,etc has one....i kid you not

My bet is the 135 will be far rarer a sight than the ubiquitous 3 series on our roads.....< price does not = > popularity.....

I have to dissagree with alot of what you people are saying. The BMW 335i is not overpriced, matter-of-fact I think it's a steal at $45k.

You cannot ask for more in a car, the level of luxury plus performance cannot be had elsewhere. The car is so god damn smooth it's just sickening, like all BMW's. You never have to step into the pedal to feel you spent your money well, but when you do... It never stops!

The 1 series will be built to BMW standards, but the quality of the leather and several key components will be cheaper, to reduce the cost for it's target audience.

I do not want to stereotype, but it does seem like the majoity of the members here are very young (I'm 37) and are just getting their feet underthemselves and looking to move out of the cheap import sector of the car market. It's a stepping stone we have all made, but not to be able to recognize a great car (BMW 335i) or to somehow fool yourself that it's overpriced, thus more conforting to buy the 135i isn't being honest with oneself!

Some will argue a fully loaded 135i @ $40k is overpriced. I call it a steal.

To each his own, I guess!:wink:

-Garrett
Appreciate 0