ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beno95 View Post
I was thinking more along the lines to see if any dealers start losing money just to move inventory. I’ve been searching for about a month or so. It went from dealers asking over MSRP, then at MSRP, now I’m getting some call backs below MSRP/close to invoice price. Figured with rates up and car sales slowing down we might see some below invoice or at invoice. Probably wishful thinking.

I ended up selling the 21 last summer back to the same dealer. Couldn’t pass up on their offer. I was hitting my lease mile cap, put about 32k miles on it and was able to walk away with the car costing me about $8k for a year and a half. Couldn’t pass up on it. I think they had a buyer lined up and prices were still inflated at the time. Now I want to get back into an M5C as there really isn’t much out there that can compete with it in terms of power, comfort, style.

Same deal on the hand free tailgate on the 21 I had. Always worked great. Primarily used that to open the trunk.
I see what you’re thinking now. You’re probably walking a very fine line of dealers anxious to move inventory and eventually not finding anything, even though I have also seen what you say in terms of prices shifting even within the last month or two.

It’s difficult to go to something else once you have had an M5, especially for DD purposes. Best of luck and keep us posted.