View Single Post
      08-04-2020, 06:28 PM   #16
PL_BMW
Rep
Drives: Audi B9 S4, GLC 63s AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticBlue View Post
I like your description of how strong acceleration can affect your vision. Now that my car is broken in and I've done some full pulls and some launches, it does pull my eyeballs into the back of my head in a way that can actually be momentarily disorienting. My guess is you say you put it in "M1" mode, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. M1 and M2 are just memory settings. It could have had anything programmed into it as far as all the different performance settings. Also, new engines are pretty tight. Performance gets better as the engine loosens up. To be honest, I wasn't all that impressed with my first test drive. But after mine was broken in, the first time I did a launch... holy cow! I got that feeling you described from the g-force of my eyes and brain sloshing to the back of my head.

One trick I do when testing cars is to either test a CPO or used one as the engine is usually broken in at that point and the dealer allows me rev the car out without having to worry about break/in, new engine/trans, etc. I believe there was 10,000 miles or there about when I drove it. Yeah, that's really the feeling I'm chasing! Wish most cars would have it from a roll, that would be epic.
Appreciate 0