06-22-2020, 04:58 PM   #1
Aronis
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

DIY replace air filters with photos

Photos to follow....

Original post:

I had my car in for service today, oil/filter/spark plugs and Air Filters. They did not have the Air Filters. They called me to solicit the service just after I bought the oil and filter to DIY oil change. So I took it in today. Turns out they did not have the proper air filters in stock even though THEY solicited the service (called me out of the blue) and it was 4 weeks ago..Plugs and oil/filter done. They said BMW pays for 1.8 hours for the spark plugs and it took the guy 6 hours. LMAO....Step one....remove engine from car.....step two......

Anyway I read up on DIY for the Air Filters....WTF? Do you really have to remove the entire box? Can't the top just be taken off by removing the 6 screws and the cross brace???? Talk about a dumb design. They have some REALLY crappy image of the "Centering Pin."

If anyone DIY, take some video and post it....thank you.

I am very surprised that you don't need a floor jack and a set of allen wrenches to put gasoline in this car.......

Mike
Attached Images

2018 M5 and 2019 Porsche Boxster GTS
Prior. '94 325is, '97 M3 Lux, '16 M2

Last edited by Aronis; 07-06-2020 at 09:46 AM.. Reason: Changed name, added photos
Appreciate 0