View Single Post
      04-20-2009, 08:30 PM   #4
JCz04Bimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC

One day down and one to go! It was SUPER wet on the track all day but dried off for about a half session right before it kicked back up again. Smooth is where its at! I've always been a fan of being super smooth first and fast second but this being a new car with a whole mess of power it took some getting used to. But this being my 9th and 10th days at The Glen, at least I know the track.

At the start, I was taking the race line because my speed was so low so why not but eventually as I ratcheted up I had to stay away from the way too slippery concrete patches. I ran some pretty cool lines and had a great time. The Toe and Laces didn't give me much trouble but Turn 8 did give me some scary situations. Because its downhill through the brake zone I found myself carrying a bit too must speed and getting a bit unsteady under braking when setting up for the turn-in. The main reason why I was unsettling the car was that I started my braking right at a point where there's a slight drop off so the car was unloaded and light so the ABS would get all sorts of bent out of shape. I adjusted my brake zone and things seem to be a better now. Managed to clip 130 on the back straight which I think is pretty damn fast considering at times it was impossible to tell if someone was giving a point-by because of all the spray!

I'll report back on how things turn out tomorrow. It's supposed to be marginally better weather.
Appreciate 0