View Single Post
      09-24-2006, 10:32 PM   #8
m_bazeepaymon
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux.sh
m_bazeepaymon, FMIC is not an internal work to be precise. You should really start reading some tuning 101 stuff if you don't know much about forced induction. Don't even think about touching those turbos until you learn more about it. I heard 335i pushes 3~5psi for partial throttle and 9psi at wide open throttle. Vishnu is working on a chip that pushes more boost pressure even at partial throttle and possibly raise the boost up to 13psi or so for WOT condition. Expect 40~70hp increase.

but good bye warranty once you upgrade. so if you do upgrade, all the maintenance will be up to you. its a good idea to know what you are doing. alot of newbies just slap on turbos on high compression motors, blow the crap out of it and wonder what the mechanics at the shop who installed it did wrong.

e92328i998, do you happen to know what the compression ratio is for the 335i engine application? I hope its below 13:1.
Of course i would Never Mod the car tilli k now everything about my baby, I may be a newb but not a retarded newb

Im hoping Dinan can come out with something (i hate dinan thanks to the M3 reputation it gave) but i am on a lease, and Dinan is the only tuning company that can work on my car... Just want a lil push to take the M3 from 0...

Thanks for the input guys
Appreciate 0