ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kepatel12 View Post
Thanks for the pictures. It’s a little hard to tell since they aren’t up close, but I’m certain I’m not supposed to have those gaps.

Both front windows are like that so I’m assuming they used a poor template or didn’t take their time to tuck the tint further into the seal. Thinking back, I don’t remember seeing this on any of my previous cars.
You’re welcome.

Again, apologies, I’m out of town so I had to zoom in on whatever few photos I already had (that even barely captured the angle to begin with), so these shots were not specifically taken to illustrate the point you asked about. But with how black all the surrounding parts are, you’d see if there was a significant gap like yours.

Nonetheless, as you stated, it shouldn’t look like that at all. I’d be going right back to them for them to redo it.

If both sides look that way, I’d rule out the possibility that your window wasn’t closed all the way when measuring and applying as I speculated above. It likely just wasn’t tucked back enough. Regardless, no reputable shop should send the finished product out the door like that.

Hope this gets resolved for you. Keep us posted.