View Single Post
      07-18-2006, 12:24 PM   #14
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

I know Flash, been using Flash for a while, but am not very familiar with the Lingo code used in most super-advanced Flash websites.

The Audi configurator actually doesn't involve any coding - probably the hardest part is the suspension portion where moving a slider up/down will lower/raise your vehicle. That will be something difficult to code.

All that's involved is a bunch of frames where you click on this, and this part/picture/frame gets taken off and a new part/picture/frame gets put on. You will a ton of pictures - a picture for each part and additionally, a picture for each color for each part.

The Audi configurator could have been better, actually - notice that you can't change your car's color after you chosen one - the authors of the Flash configurator don't know how to input a code where Flash will automatically re-color the car (and all the added parts).

I would help out but this is some serious work - you don't even know Flash and if I were to teach you how to make drop-down lists in Flash and make them as functional links, that alone will take a whole day for a complete Flash beginner.