View Single Post
      11-11-2019, 12:40 AM   #22
phantomF80
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
EV is 95% driven by government policy from EU, China, US.

EU accelerated their policy due to VW Dieselgate.

China is trying to clean up its air so is essentially banning ICE for passenger vehicles.

US started a little sooner by regulating CO2 as an emission.

Higher emissions requirements is just a means to and ends. The ends being an essential ban of the ICE.
The US fed and state incentives help. However, having had 4 EV's so far (2 i3's and 2 Tesla) and compared them to the fun ICE's I have owned (F80, 987 Cayman S, MK VII GTI, E46 ZHP), I would say that I would pick a good EV over a good ICE for my go-to car. It's true that EV lacks the musics and mechanical feeling of a good engine and transmission. However, there is no car I have driven that come close to the response and acceleration of EV's I have owned, not even the 360 Modena or the 997 CS4. And the fact that I can wake up everyday with a 100% charge to the car means I start every day with a full range.

Unless something drastic happens to the automotive world, I see that people will start to adapt EV in big waves as economic of scale kicked in. And I want a good German EV. The E-Tron is a good start, whereas the iX3 is absolute awful if the specs shown around the internet is true.
Appreciate 1
clee1982796.00