View Single Post
      11-07-2019, 10:57 AM   #33
LeviBruno
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid_eg View Post
Those in the US who have had an update and lost the pops, does your service paperwork have a bulletin number by chance? Post the service ticket, If programming was done something should be listed on there as it sounds that factory tune was updated.
I didn't get any paperwork but feel stupid now that I didn't ask for it. Went in for winter tires which took 20min, then they came out and said they had to do an update for the backup camera... ok whatever, 2 hours later I'm standing outside my car watching the update happen in real time. The car reset every single system. Seats run through different adjustments, radio turns on AM/FM volume up volume down, turn signals turn on... you get the point.

In terms of the sound - I would always get a little bit of a burble when I would let off the gas and when I was really ripping on it I would get some nice pops/burbles on upshifts and downshifts. Now I rarely have burbles when I let off the gas (tiny ones that only I can hear), and rarely can get any pops. Both burbles and pops were pretty much on demand before this.

After the update the car just feels a little more 'tame'. I've never driven a Camry before... but it feels a little Camry-ish
Appreciate 0