03-17-2019, 08:57 AM   #17
niju321
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 540i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post
Built is actually pretty quick, the waiting on the port waiting for boat is the really killing me part...
yeah I think I'll find myself refreshing the ship location all the time...but hopefully being on the east coast will shorten the wait a little

Quote:
Originally Posted by lago1974 View Post
I like how you are keeping a log. That's cool. Not sure if it's the same for all builds but once mine was in quality check they seemed to get it out of the factory and on a train much quicker than I was expecting. As others have stated, once it arrives at the port it's Hurry up and wait...as they say in the military.
Thanks--glad you like the log. My car is being built in Graz so I wonder if the transport time will be lengthened. It's now "entering assembly line."

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
I recall mine was built in about 3-4 days, the longest parts are waiting for the build to start and arguably the most painful bit, waiting for it to be shipped to the dealer!
I remember tracking mine and knowing it was at Southampton docks, I just wanted to jump on the train and go get it myself!
My car is going to arrive in Baltimore--I am not too far from there and have the same feeling of wanting to go get it
Appreciate 0