03-31-2016, 11:56 PM   #7
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazman View Post
It's not just "not test driving the car", heck I bought my wife a new loaded 2015 Sienna Premium Limited AWD back in May last year, unseen and never driven. Did the paper work in 30 mins and we were off with the car driving home after a quick 15 min overview on the car.

But the model 3 is not going to be available till 2018 at the earliest... it's just a refundable deposit to hold a spot in line. While I can afford to pay cash for a high end model ride... I personally don't feel like wasting money. I pretty much just buy and own my cars (Drive them into the ground, I have never sold a car in my life, and I still have every car i ever purchased in my driveway.
Yeah I can't buy a car unless I have sat in it, test driven it etc. I thought I was totally going to buy this Z06 I had seen. Went to test drive it and it was the most uncomfortable seat and seating position ever!

I mean I will order the car or buy it from somewhere else as long as I have seen/driven the same model.

Anyways the model 3 just looks like a small model X to me. I dunno how I feel about the dash with nothing except the center screen. However I think it will sell like hot cakes and I think it's a big step forward for electric cars. I wish the base model could get like 350 miles, I dunno why but I feel that's a good number. 200 still seems a bit to little to me. Also wish they would change up their designs a bit all 3 cars look practically the same to me.

That being said I do think Tesla is doing for electric cars what the iphone did for smart phones. There were "smart" phones before the iphone but they were all shit. The iphone showed everyone else what was possible.
Appreciate 1