View Single Post
      10-29-2020, 12:02 PM   #11
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2018 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
What is it with the internet world's obsession with wagons? If even 5% of the people online who claim to love wagons actually bought them, there would be a market for them.

I'm not the type who clips my phone to the waistband of cargo pants, so perhaps I'll never understand...
Car manufacturers are self killing the wagon market in the US.

Case in point:
-A Jaguar XF Sportbrake with the supercharged V6 starts at $72k
-The same basic package in F-Pace SUV guise with the same drivetrain starts at $62k.

Nearly a $10K difference to get LESS sheet metal and ground clearance.

BMW did the same thing by sandbagging their wagons for years. They have not sold a performance variant of a wagon in YEARS. You want an E91? There were a few people lucky enough to get a 328 with RWD and a stick and those cars still fetch a premium. The F30 got nerfed and only got the automatic, 4 cyl AWD version.

If I could have gotten a RWD F30 wagon with the I6 I would have done it in a heart beat zero questions asked. But I couldn't justify spending more for less car.

Americans have a craze with SUV's and BMW is happy to let us indulge in that because they build them all here anyways. It's a lot easier for them to manufacture and sell those products domestically then it is to import and certify wagons, let alone boutique wagons for enthusiasts.

A 6Spd CTS-V wagon will still sell for $60K almost regardless of mileage at this point because it's a proper sports thing. I see a decent amount of E63S Wagons here in the northeast as well.

Unfortunately BMW killed it by pricing their products wrong and making a shitty offering and then claiming "oh the take rate is low so we'll get rid of them entirely".

I'd give a testicle for a M5 Touring.
Murf99314114.00
scostu1619.50
F32Fleet3539.50