View Single Post
      06-29-2020, 08:56 PM   #43
Bmwusabmw
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw M5

I've ran many JB4 on many platforms and done lots of testing for Terry. ECM showing boost mods...no, not if setup properly.

The DME would never know boost was changed, if you cross over boost safety or set codes that remain in memory that you did not clear BMW would see it. Even if they went into load the data would be inclusive

I've had an F90 with BMW for over 3 weeks in one visit, they sent data back to Germany, brought out 2 factory reps, and they did not find any signs of a "piggyback" - Their own terms in writing on the RO. The issue was unrelated but they didnt agree. I know first hand BMW cannot find the JB4 if you cover your tracks properly. - They will look at connectors too, for broken or odd wear from people installing piggybacks.

BMW also made it clear they search the forms for customers who submit large warranty claims and check their history of mods, which is why I no longer use my old forum name. Lastly they told me using launch control more than 10 times is considered abuse in their mind. - I fought this and they offered to "solve" any issue.

The same dealer I use put a motor for a customer when it failed (not F90) the bill was footed but Carbahn. Chris at Carbahn offered to share proof of warranty payments made.

I also asked the dealer about the "demo" and the DME showing a flash, and it can be a slippery slope but they have not had any issue as long as its documented and done by an approved BMW dealer.

Theirs also a lot of idiots out there who dont use good fuel, load the car up at low RPM, or truly abuse the car and think the warranty will cover them. Even a stock datalog on the F90 shows the need for more octane, especially in the warmer months. Even with the Jb4, run map 2 on a comp and you could be seeing 26psi, asking for problems on pump gas (which is why Terry now says 93+ octane needed). Most people dont take the time to learn duty bias and will just blame BMS...just like people do with other tuner companies. - For just as many horror stories their are positive stories, many people just arent as vocal when it has no negative impact on their life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Need For Speed View Post
Do a search but the stories are out there. As for a tune vs JB4, one can remove the JB4, one cannot remove the tune. And yes the ECM will still show the boost mods from a JB4 but I would rather have my attorney fight that (I bought my M5 with 3K miles, who knows what bad man owned it? lol) with no physical evidence than the certain evidence of a tune. With a tune, there is no plausible deniability.

Last edited by Bmwusabmw; 06-29-2020 at 09:23 PM..
Appreciate 1
GranitM5366.00