View Single Post
      07-29-2018, 12:48 AM   #18
Speedwell-Industries
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 YMB M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjjjjjjjjjjj View Post
I'd suggest getting ceramic coating and only use touchless car washing if it's dirty and then drive around with 60+ km/h so air get rids of most water - then you can just dry the remaining water. I'd suggest not "wiping it" just "pating" with high quality drying towel. This way you won't scratch your paint with remaining dirt ( touchless car wash will not clean your car in 100% and there will be always some micro elements)

If your ceramic coating will be "blocked" by dirt and car won't be hydrophobic in some spots then just find detailing car studio, ask them to wash it and load fresh SiO2 to make it work again ( will need that maybe once in a 2-3 months and cost like 50$ )

Doing it - your car will look great even after years and what's more you will really need only like 5 minutes on touchless washing spot and after driving around like few minutes ( maybe drive to home ) just few minutes to dry remaining water drops. And with good ceramic coating you will have to do it maybe once a week to remain "new car" look.

Attached is photo of my old car after 2 years of picking it up and day after touchless cleaning. The high light from sun destroys a photo a bit but you get a point from overall look. Just straight water+shampoo program and then water to rinse off.
This looks STUNNING.
Appreciate 1