Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by boonkgang13k View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
Quote:
Bimmercode seems to offer additional ambient lighting such as pink, red, light blue... wondering if anyone has done that and would coding void warranty?
All you're doing is changing settings for options that are already built-in to the car. I don't think you'll have any problems. It's when you start coding stuff to the car that isn't already there that might put you in that situation. Anything you can do in the basic section of BimmerCode is safe in my opinion.

The worst thing that could happen is if the BMW did a software update while your car was in service you might have to redo everything you coded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
Quote:
Bimmercode seems to offer additional ambient lighting such as pink, red, light blue... wondering if anyone has done that and would coding void warranty?
All you're doing is changing settings for options that are already built-in to the car. I don't think you'll have any problems. It's when you start coding stuff to the car that isn't already there that might put you in that situation. Anything you can do in the basic section of BimmerCode is safe in my opinion.

The worst thing that could happen is if the BMW did a software update while your car was in service you might have to redo everything you coded.
I think you're right. The only thing I really want to code is the ambient lighting.
You're fine. All you're doing is expanding some hidden options that are already on the car. I wouldn't worry about it at all.
Appreciate 1