03-23-2017, 08:13 PM   #9
crabu2
Captain
Rep
Drives: Truck and ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beartato View Post
Turbo lag, oh no the sky is falling.

I'm being facetious, but drive an older turbocharged car, one without a twin scroll turbo and non-DI and you'll see why it's hard to take these complaints serious.
Bwahahahahahaha! I know what you mean... Still that lag is real. I had a '04 Ram 2500 with a Cummins. Not a hint of lag. I then bought a '14 Ram 3500 with the Cummins, which on paper put out way more power. I ordered it never having test driving one. When I got it, I was like WTH ... where did this dead pedal come from... It's like turbo lag, but with terrible tip in. I'm gotten use to it..

Come a month or so ago, I go and test drove the 230.. tip in was good and didn't really notice any lag, but I just drove it around a few blocks during rush hour. After that, I went and test drove a Mustang GT.. I was like WOW, this is quick with a bunch of power.. Still I couldn't get past it only being rated at 23 hwy mpg.. Went back for another test drive of the 230.. That's when I found the lag.. I went to pass and there was this aprox 1 sec lag before it took off.. I was a bit shocked...

I thought and thought about it... then came to the conclusion I'll get use to it... The CA had me go for another test drive but put it in Sport + mode. It was much better. But... I see it eating a lot of fuel because it basically kept the RPMs around 3000 when I let off the pedal.

Win some, lose some... Right now, with what's available, my order seems to be the best fit for my current needs..