View Single Post
      06-28-2022, 10:47 PM   #40
durjf90m5
Singapore
Rep
Drives: BMW m5 f90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser330 View Post
The original post was not about shift speed but torque handling. Only a few people actually addressed the topic. The auto should be able to handle a lot of torque as shown by what modified rs7 and other automatic performance cars have handled. However that being said I would imagine a clutch kit and bigger transmission cooler would be coming out soon. The old adage is that heat is an automatic transmissions worst enemy. So keep it cool and keep it longer.
Hello hello,

So the stock F90 ZF can’t handle anymore than 750nm(550lb-ft) . My car was pushing 800nm (590lb-ft) on 100 octane (as per a TCU stress readout and told by my service advisor.

I had to take my car in because on 6th gear load shifts the transmission started slipping. Eventually it also started happening on 5th gear load shifts.

Anyways the dealer has ordered me a new transmission however it’s still on a shop from Germany. Meanwhile I’ve been driving with the broken transmission however if I’m not pushing it than it’s fine, even on 5th and 6th gears where it slips on load (full or close to full throttle).

Has anyone else experienced this issue on the 2019 F90 M5?
Appreciate 0