12-18-2023, 11:08 AM   #6
ZZO
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 440Xi MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm56d7b View Post
I suggest to review this thread to appreciate how adaptive suspension systems work.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=942225

BMW Adaptive suspension isn't perfect and the thread mentions what is the most difficult algorithm to implement:

- Implementing a dynamic rapid compression / rebound response so the suspension quickly reacts to road imperfections. The opposite of a quick reaction: the suspension feels bouncy.

Predictably, BMW M Adaptive suspension does feel bouncy especially in Sport mode.

If you already sense that BMW M Adaptive suspension already feels bouncy, Dinan Shockware does not cure this condition. With Shockware, Comfort mode becomes Sport (stiffer) mode, and Sport becomes the new even stiffer mode.
I appreciate this. However with the Dinan Tuning for EDC. Including both the springs and the ride quality kit. Is it going to destroy my OEM shocks faster? Or would just springs and the kit be better? As I would like to avoid the $3,000 route.

Reasons to lower with springs over coils for me:
  1. Cost
  2. Maintaining EDC
  3. Performance
  4. Looks

However I do not want to put “extra” wear onto my OEM shocks. If they were to fail sooner with this route, I should have just sucked up the coilovers.

The Dinan Shockware says…
1. Revises BMW’s programming for sportier response from the EDC shocks.
2. Approximate changes: Dinan “normal” = old BMW “sport” / Dinan “sport” = stiffer than all stock settings.
3. Best results when used with a Dinan suspension (if available).
Appreciate 0