03-01-2011, 06:25 PM   #3
Oliver1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

translated

Quote:
BMW starts production of the sporty 1 Series

LEIPZIG / DAPD. BMW Tuesday with the production of the M Coupe in its Leipzig plant started on. The sports car of the 1 series with 340 hp will made in small batches and is directed exclusively in the equipment according to customer demand, the company said on Tuesday in Leipzig. The price of the car starts at 50,000 €, the car accelerates in 4.9 seconds from 0 to 100 km and emits 224 grams of carbon dioxide from pro.
From 2013 BMW will in Leipzig and the production of its electric cars start of the i-Series. The plan is a i3 as a pure electric car and a i8 a hybrid vehicle, like a company spokeswoman said.

BMW factory in Leipzig roll according to the company right now 740 cars off the line
Quote:
BMW Leipzig plant expands production capabilities: First BMW M vehicle from Saxony

(Business Wire) Leipzig, 01.03.2011 , the BMW plant in Leipzig today launched the serial production of the BMW 1 Series M coupe. The newest member of the BMW M family will run in a small series of exclusive customer after the band. Production is flexible mix with the previous models on a main line. The new sports car, making it the fifth model, which the BMW 1 Series three-door, coupe and convertible and the BMW X1 next exclusive from Leipzig in the world is delivered. The total production volume at the Leipzig plant is currently at 740 cars per day. Parallel to the production launch of the BMW 1 Series M Coupe is also the introduction of model revisions of the BMW 1 Series coupes and convertibles.

With an output of 340 hp accelerates the BMW 1 Series M Coupe in 4.9 seconds from 0 to 100 km / h. Equipped with a BMW M-power twin turbo inline six-cylinder engine is the BMW 1 Series M Coupé not only sports, but also efficient: the average consumption is one of 9.6 liters per 100 kilometers to the best values in its class.

The BMW plant in Leipzig is the start of production of the first M model once again demonstrated its ability to flexibly adapt production to the international customer requirements and market conditions. This includes the addition of new models is in the production program.

In the coming years the product range at the Leipzig plant will grow. Hence, through the BMW and the BMW i8 i3 roll from 2013 forward-looking vehicles with alternative drive systems and bodies of innovative lightweight belt from Leipzig. To this end, the BMW Group invested € 400 million in plant expansion and will create about 800 jobs.
Appreciate 0