View Single Post
      04-24-2019, 02:44 PM   #41
vtknight
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by termigni View Post
I think you are getting personally offended for the fact that I stated what majority of people thinks about YOUR M5. but the truth is 530i does look very similar to M5 to non-enthusiasts' eyes. same as C300 looks very similar to C63. they are indeed different in my eyes.

M5 is in fact, yes I agree with you, a better performing car than GT63 as shown in this test. but I'm stating that performance per dollar is not the only buying factor for the rest of the world.

M5 has been that car that punches above its weight class for the past 20 - 30 years while looking like a normal family sedan. and this generation M5 follows this philosophy.
My entire point was the fact I don't care about what people think. YOU however do - as you have stated twice now; that people would know (if you owned a GT63) that you have "money". So that was a bad example you gave. In fact, the very reason why I enjoy my M5 CE is because it us under the radar. I don't need to stand out and show anyone, anything.
This is also my point: you don't have to agree with me about the objective points - because they are objective and cannot be argued; the GT63 is slower than a M5 CE in every measurable way. It is also - objectively - about 60K more expensive. So if "the rest of the world" and yourself - needing to show people you have coin - again this is hypothetically as you don't own a GT63 - and it is worth that extra coin - to you - cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by termigni View Post
thank you! To us enthusists, bmw fanboys and car lovers, they are indeed totally different cars but when I'm with normal people they really can't tell the difference especially with this generation 5 series. it's not like the M5 got widebody treatment like the M2s, M3s, and M4s got.

But when you see a GT63 coming down the road, anyone will notice how wide, low, long, aggressive, loud, and different it is compared to 99% of the cars next to it. that's why this GT63 exists. it's not about 10th of a second at the track for the best $$$.
And again, with the subjective comments lol. “It's not about 10th of a second at the track for the best $$$”...yes...for you. You told us - you want to look like a baller (as per your comments).

I am an enthusiast - a fanboy would mean I don't look at logic and confuse objective and subjective criteria constantly - and simply imposed what I believed subjectively on everyone else as to what car is worth money and why it was built.

That said, the M5 IS understated (as I said above) - but it most certainly does not look exactly like a 530 unless you are speaking with people who have difficulty seeing and have zero interest in cars - which makes it a moot point anyway. Very similar? Yes. Identical? No. More importantly - and this is the key for a drivers car; same options, capabilities, drive and performance as a 530i? Hell No.

Only people seeing the outside of the car while I am driving it - isn't me.

Last edited by vtknight; 04-24-2019 at 03:29 PM..
Appreciate 0