Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: S2000, MacanS, M4CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtknight View Post
It's important to know the difference between objective and subjective criteria.
Objective criteria can be measured; like how quick and fast a car is. It cannot be debated.
Subjective criteria is someones opinion - it can be very much debated.

Your entire comment is subjective. For example - my cars aren't about "who got more money". That is your personality and what you care about.

The GT63 is a nice car - just as the E63S is a nice car. They weren't for me (subjective). Performance is important for me (subjective). And the F90 M5 is the quicker, better handling and faster platform (objective). So for me - it is more fun to drive (subjective).
that is exactly what I'm saying. Mercedes is looking to earn business from subjective point. We all know they know how to build a performance car... F1.. but they purposely got into this market with the GT63. Not everything in life is objective. it's the balance between everything that makes us. I've never said M5 is worse performer. I'm just saying there is an appeal for a certain group for this car including me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
I have reached a financial security point in my life that I could care less how much money other people think I have. I don’t hide it but I surely wouldn’t buy a vehicle as a financial yardstick. We buy cars for our enjoyment and what our needs are. I am use to getting worked over by Porsche with owning 911’s for 3 decades now. My local MB dealer has a nicely optioned polar white GT63 and after looking it over, my value meter says it’s a $120k car at best. It stickers at $163k. I know the sales manager very well and I just looked at him and asked who is this car targeted to at this price point? He just shrugged his shoulders and said “I know”.
I know you aren't buying cars that you feel over priced for the performance given because of the fact that we are in performance car forum such as this. I'm talking about majority of people. The GT63 is not targeted to us. It's targeted towards Aston Marin, Maserati, Range Rover buyers yet offering that solid German technology. I see a big appeal in this and so does MB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbaboy View Post
Do you really think that there's almost no difference in looks of a 530i and an M5?
No. I can name cars in the pitch dark by looking at their headlights or taillights. I'm talking from a non-enthusiast's eyes like many of my colleagues. They can't tell the difference between 530 and M5. but GT63 is distinctly low, wide and big enough (road presence that a 5 series body can't match) that people will recognize instantly that it's an expensive car.

2018 ///M2 LCI, Metallic Orange, 6MT, Exec Pkg, Apple.. Sold

Instagram: Tommys911

Last edited by termigni; 04-24-2019 at 11:14 AM..
Appreciate 0