View Single Post
      04-24-2019, 10:24 AM   #28
somer
Major
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
I have reached a financial security point in my life that I could care less how much money other people think I have. I don’t hide it but I surely wouldn’t buy a vehicle as a financial yardstick. We buy cars for what we think and what our needs are. I am use to getting worked over by Porsche with owning 911’s for 3 decades now. My local MB dealer has a nicely optioned polar white GT63 and after looking it over, my value meter says it’s a $120k car at best. It stickers at $163k. I know the sales manager very well and I just looked at him and asked who is this car targeted to at this price point? He just shrugged his shoulders and said “I know”.
Getting pretty much the same response from my dealer BMW friends about the m850i and m850i convertible and the coming M8/M8 Comp and all its variants. You have to imagine an M8 Competition Gran Coupe is going to be north of 170k with the bells and whistles.... why spend 50k more on that than an M5? Sure it looks better.. but 50k better? I say no way and imagine many others will as well. Especially when they see the lease rates are going to likely be low 50% area.
Appreciate 0