View Single Post
      04-24-2019, 09:40 AM   #26
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by termigni View Post
Me too. And at this level of luxury and price, I don't think 10th of second on the track performance really doesn't matter or the extra 400lbs of weight. Heck it's very rare to even see a C63 on the track, nor an M5. I've driven Maserati coupes and they don't drive any better than an M4 but the Maseratis still sell at double the price.. why? because of status symbol and the presence it has on the road.

At this level, it's about presence, luxury and showing who got more money. And I choose GT63. I just worked on one last night and the car is just everything I'd want for a sport family sedan that can hold its own next to Astons and Maseratis without breaking down every month. M5 might perform slightly better but looks just like another 4cyl 530i.
I have reached a financial security point in my life that I could care less how much money other people think I have. I don’t hide it but I surely wouldn’t buy a vehicle as a financial yardstick. We buy cars for our enjoyment and what our needs are. I am use to getting worked over by Porsche with owning 911’s for 3 decades now. My local MB dealer has a nicely optioned polar white GT63 and after looking it over, my value meter says it’s a $120k car at best. It stickers at $163k. I know the sales manager very well and I just looked at him and asked who is this car targeted to at this price point? He just shrugged his shoulders and said “I know”.

Last edited by MystroX5; 04-24-2019 at 10:49 AM..
Appreciate 2
jjasonSU194.00