View Single Post
      03-14-2019, 10:58 PM   #37
Roger_W_Martin
Argentina
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F90 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjgt3 View Post
As the original starter of this thread, I feel an update is in order. It’s been 2 months and 2,000km of driving since I had the Akrapovic fitted.

While I was initially disappointed with it, I have to agree with a few people who’ve commented on this thread in so far as the exhaust note gets better with some mileage and heat cycles through the exhaust. I’ve just returned from a 1,000km drive through Malaysia and the exhaust note is noticeably better. This thing does need some miles on it to run it in as it were. So it’s not as bad as I originally posted but still not as loud as I’d like or even as loud as the Akrapovic in my F10 M5 used to be....have to look at downpipes now I Guess to get the sound I want....

The car has now covered 5,000km altogether, so at least the gearbox and diffs are properly run in, according to the M5 tech Manual, and I’m going g to try the launch control this week 🤣🤣🤣
I just ordered the akras for my M5, how many km did you have when you installed the akras? here cost 10k I hope not to disappoint
Appreciate 0