View Single Post
      11-30-2021, 01:04 PM   #218
Slack Beries
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M60i, BMW X4 M40i

For price I'm guessing minimally $160k base and probably more.

As the "flagship" so it will exceed the $130k M8C price. Recall BMW dropped the price of that car by cutting out the non-competition model.

$160k is right at base G63 and high trim new Range Rover price. I can't see them undercutting those.

Compared to the $120k X6MC figure at least +$20k for the new power train and +$20k for the luxury/size upgrade.

As an aside, it's unfortunate these heavy super hybrids are being sold at a premium to us when it's only being offered because the manufactures are chasing fleet efficiency that most consumers aren't requesting (see: Turbo S E Hybrid, AMG E-Performance). It'd be more palletable if these power trains were priced closer to their V-8 siblings.

With this being a concept we don't have much insight into the options and features. Nonetheless…

An illuminated grill will probably be really loud like we see here. Some form of illuminated headliner is a safe bet but I imagine it will be closer to the speckled look.

I was expecting suicide doors to draw it closer to the Cullinan. But if the concept doesn't have it then the production probably won't.

The seating room looks impressive and I think they would offer a four person seating option. The front seats ought to be at least as done up as the M8C non-buckets.

Dual paint options seem like a strong possibility. Those should help to distract from all the other "intricacies".

We're probably looking at the production controls and center stack.

All the competing products have some form of suspension package.

CCB—has BMW ever offered them for an SUV?
Appreciate 0