Thread: C&D Comparo
View Single Post
      10-16-2021, 11:59 AM   #8
Namelss
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Volvo XC90 V8 Sport

I got on the waitlist for a Blackwing the day it was revealed (2/1). I got tired of waiting for an allocation by late June so I also placed an order for an M5C. I had a feeling this test would shake out like this once it was published but I thought it would be Audi/BMW/Caddy (3,2,1) though the 2-3 spots are only a point apart. That’s the problem with assigning numbered ratings for each category (see Doug score, another useless number).

The Caddy sounds more engaging to drive but the BMW is faster and more luxurious overall IMO. It all depends on what you’re looking for. I had a CTS V3 and yes, it was a blast to drive. However, it was at the dealer way too much in my 3 years of ownership and when it did go in for service, it was there for a week at a time. It also developed some interior rattles that a car in this range shouldn’t have. Build quality was definitely suspect. I’m on the Blackwing forum and the first 250 cars are being delivered with WAY too many issues.

Car for car, there’s just over a $20k spread between the two that I’ve configured. My Individual M5 interior was $5k and the top of the line seats with carbon fiber backs in the V were just over $6k. Both have CCBs. A six figure car should also include a premium, luxury ownership experience and I don’t get that at Cadillac.

My M5 is slated to go into production any day now (maybe). If I get that allocation for the Blackwing before the M gets stateside, I’m going to be faced with a very difficult decision. Today, I’m leaning towards the M5 and getting excited at the idea of actually owning one.
Appreciate 0