View Single Post
      01-25-2021, 07:20 PM   #10
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1993 Nissan 240sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAmes View Post
I'm facing a similar (difficult) choice. I'm ordering a Bluestone Metallic M5C, which I think looks great with the gloss black 706M wheels, but the 789M wheels are a better wheel (forged, lighter). And I LOVE the look of the 863M wheels. Joe Achilles has an M5C review where he zooms in on the 863M wheels and says that he's never seen such great looking wheels before.

I personally think the 863M wheels might look better against a darker exterior paint, such as the Marina Bay Blue pics, up above, while the 789Ms look good against both light and dark exterior paint because they are bi-color. I myself will probably go with the black 706M wheels, because these wheels match the gloss back trim of the M5C and provide nice contrast against the Bluestone exterior.

Question for you: are you ordering the 863Ms separately? I asked my dealer if I could order my M5C with the 863Ms, and he said no - I'd have to order them as an add-on option (and then presumably sell whatever wheels come with my car).
My sales person sent me an email a couple of days ago telling me I could get them with the car. This was a surprise because everything else I ask for I am told it is not available. He was supposed to check of the price difference and get back with me. I have not heard back yet. I was surprised he said I could change from the 789m I selected because my vehicle rolled off the assembly line today .
I think you are right about the 789m being a better choice for lighter cars. So I will probably stick with them.
Appreciate 0