View Single Post
      08-20-2016, 11:55 AM   #6
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 C8 Corvette 1LT

Garage List
Hey TACP, I'm also in Germany at the moment and decided to keep the factory staggered MPSS for when I go to the track, but got Continental DWS for my year round tire. Some will suggest getting snow specific and summer specific sets and it all depends on where you live and what you drive.

My 240 is xDrive, so for moderate snow (which we hardly get near Ramstein Germany) I think I'll be able to get away with the DWS all season tires. However, if you're car is rwd and you don't live in a relatively flat area and same thing with your commute, I'd suggest snow specific tires (in which case it'd be easier in the long run too have a second set of wheels and tires specific for snow). Any Snow specific tire I think will be fine. Usually best to go off the ratings on tirerack to find the best ones in your price range. If you're going to go with an all season setup, then I'd suggest not to skimp on the tires. Continental DWS are some of the highest rated ones for all season driving, and depending on the size needed some of the more reasonably priced.

Regarding wheel size, anything that fits really. It's recommended actually to have smaller width wheels (225 instead of 245 lets says) and a square setup meaning same size all around when driving in the snow. This is because the tires are able to drive through the snow easier if it's not cleared well or recently.

Last edited by Joe240; 08-20-2016 at 12:01 PM..
Appreciate 0