01-10-2012, 01:20 AM   #21
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBK View Post
I'm all for laws that curb personal freedom when it interferes with someone else's freedom.
But I absolutely hate laws that try to tell me how to live my life when what I do or don't do will not affect anyone else.
TMPS should not have become mandated.
Arguing that a safety item should not be mandated is a tough act..
20 years ago... you might have said that airbags should not have been mandated ..
doesn't sound like such a smart thing to say today..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBK View Post
First...
I can visually tell that the tire is soft before TPMS lights up the warning.
I often can tell which front tire is low just by the way the steering wheel feels. And sure enough... it's usually only a few psi low.
unfortuntately... most SUV, large sedan, and many econocar drivers could never detect subtle things like this.
And some of the super stiff sidewalls on lower profile tires make it even harder to detect a low tire by looking at it.

I literally tonight just had to go change the wheel and tire on my spouse's Subaru because she drove it with a low tire until the tire came off the bead. This is the SECOND time she has done this... the last time the rim cut through the tire and her first indication was the tire carcass passing her on the road. Yeah.. true story.
This time the wheel appears relatively unscathed.. last time it was ground down but was able to be repaired by Wheels America ... I also bought another wheel and made the repaired wheel the full size spare I just installed..

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 01-10-2012 at 01:30 AM..
Appreciate 0