TFBravo
Some Guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 GX460, 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by micvite View Post
The lci models have start stop memory built in, aka if it's off when you turn the car off it'll be off when you turn it back on, if it's on when you turn the car off it'll be on when you turn it back on, also most cars don't give a crap about engine being warm (bmw being one of them) so if you have it on it'll literally turn off the second you stop after hitting like 10 mph. So yes this is normal, 2 start stop is horrible for the engine so you'd want it off anyway lol.
Pretty sure its just me not being used to the car. Maybe you're right with the memory of the button, the only thing is I thought this was a federally mandated feature hence why on all the cars every time you hard cycle the ignition, the default would be on. The function came on today during consecutive drives, so I don't think its a memory feature.

And 100% the feature won't work if the engine and fluids are still warming up, had the same thing in the AMG, where it stated in the manual, pretty sure it states that in the BMW manual. In the AMG thought you could not override it if the engine was cold, it just wouldn't work, it think the BMW if you cycle the button it might activate even on a cold engine. Will have to test that.

I'm not worried about engine reliability, its a myth since the stop/start vehicles come with more robust ignition components. But it seems that the function does not turn on for me until I get to do multiple consecutive drives, my first drive to work is about 14 miles and it never turns on which is nice.
Appreciate 0