View Single Post
      06-23-2022, 12:03 PM   #3
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFBravo View Post
Like the title says. The light on the start/stop button is always on when turning the car on and driving just in default mode not the M1/2 button modes. I know most people hate that feature, but isn't it suppose to be on by default and then if you want it off you can press the button, the light will come on and the car won't shut off while stopped in "D". But the light is on automatically, even on warm engine. Normally on cold engine a start stop with a line going through it should appear, but in my case it only appears when I press the button to turn it off and then on again.

Anyone experienced this? Car is still new with only 1600 miles.
The lci models have start stop memory built in, aka if it's off when you turn the car off it'll be off when you turn it back on, if it's on when you turn the car off it'll be on when you turn it back on, also most cars don't give a crap about engine being warm (bmw being one of them) so if you have it on it'll literally turn off the second you stop after hitting like 10 mph. So yes this is normal, 2 start stop is horrible for the engine so you'd want it off anyway lol.
Appreciate 0