04-30-2019, 04:28 AM   #6
Franzino
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 MY17 / Alpine A110 MY19

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsrbri View Post
I'll be devil's advocate and apologize in advance...

1) What data do you have showing the need for this improvement? Before/after brake temperature measurements? Cost comparison?

2) I have found the gray iron rotors to be very, very durable - even with higher friction pads. I have logged over 25 track events on my M4 and the rotors are still within thickness spec (but very close, to be honest). The rotors have minimal cracking around the holes

3) The stock units are aluminum hubs/hats and float on stainless steel pins (true two-piece rotor). Certainly a compromise, and not replaceable (rotor ring), but a pretty slick design but somewhat pricey. What is the true improvement here, beyond incremental?

The calipers seem to be the weak-point of the system, as well as lack of factory brake cooling/ducting. The fronts get so hot that the painted caliper changes color.

All that said, it's nice to have options.
Excellent questions and my thoughts exactly. Still never a reply from the vendor...shows there is a lot of talk about so called improvements, but not much real data or extra info when asked for it.