02-11-2024, 09:37 PM   #19
logicators
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
I respectfully beg to differ on the CCBs; that’s been a nonnegotiable item for many owners here. Often times, it’s because a previous F90 with compound brakes was in that owner’s past, and that taught them that they emit a ton of brake dust. Regardless, CCBs add nearly five figures to the window sticker. The OP is asking for what we think he should offer based on the car as equipped, not based on whether that feature is valuable to him (or others) or not.

I’d also say the subset of us that acquire these cars brand new know we’re going to eat a ton of depreciation off the top, or, we lease so we don’t really care either. You gave me a chuckle with your insinuation that we’re “trying to keep the market high.” Absolutely no one here is doing that. And even if we were, what effect would that actually have?!

EDIT — And, as noted by crypto, MPE.
100% agree. I myself originally planned to buy used, almost had a deal on a 21 with about 20K miles and not nearly as loaded for 90K after a LOT of comparison shopping in 500 mile radius. That was in Nov 2022 and prices has certainly come down since then, but this car has 20K more in options. After some dealer bait and switch on the used 21 I went ahead and bought a new 2023 fully knowing that it will depreciate quickly. I am planning to keep my car for a very long time so don’t care what happens to used car prices.
Appreciate 2