View Single Post
      08-08-2007, 09:57 AM   #2
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Didn't really want to pm this, so that if it comes up again sometime someone can search for it and find it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakillo
hey man,

I'm also from the Boston area and I'll be getting my 335i later this week, I saw your thread on getting your windows tinted with the huper optik film. I was wondering if you wouldn't mind telling me where you got it done and how much you paid? Thanks a lot man, hopefully I'll see you at one of the meets.

-Jason
Jason, congrats and good luck on your new car.. Will definitely have to see that sometime. Although I can't ride in any 335's, I'm too afraid I'll one to upgrade right after driving in one..

As for tint, I don't know what your specific interests are, but personally I don't know if I would do Huper Optik again. The price is outrageous, and you're never going to see the money again. If you are doing it for thermal reasons (if you like in Arizona or something) I could understand it more. With the amount of sun we actually do get here, I don't know if it's necessary. I think next time I might go with LLumar. It is another non-metallic film, about half the price. The thing with Huper is that on a molecular level, the ceramic is so good at what it does, that to block the light it does, the actual film is a lot lighter than other brands of film. This means the tint is much lighter. I have legal tints on my car, sometimes it doesn't even really seem like they are tinted. Whereas something like Llumar blacker, and at 35% will be darker and give you more privacy.

Just some thoughts on Huper Optik. It's a great film, just real expensive, and not that dark for a given transmission percent. If you want to look at mine anytime just let me know and we can meet up before you shell out a lot of money.. And Llumar, I've only seen in on other cars, maybe someone around here has a sample of that to look at..

What color is your interior btw? What color is everything for that matter, options, etc?

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0