View Single Post
      02-16-2016, 10:44 PM   #1
Abstraction
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 228i xDrive

Orders/Allocations

Just wondering how long people here typically took to get a production number?

I put down a deposit almost 2 weeks ago and still haven't gotten a production number from my dealer. First I was told that the order would go in "right away"... then a week later I emailed and got no response. Today emailed again and cc'd the sales manager. Finally got a call back saying they're putting in my order "today", which was a little frustrating as it's been > 10 days...

Anyway, from what I've read up, dealers are known to give their customers a bit of a run around when they dont have an allocation for production - I ordered 1st week of feb with the hopes of having my car by May, which the dealer assured me was a realistic timeline. I'm thinking now that if i dont get a march production, then i'm looking at at least april for production, and likely no delivery till late may/early june.

Does all this sound pretty typical? I'm a little frustrated... had they have just been up front and said "hey, it's unlikely that you'll get a march production" i would have been cool with that, but to tell me that i'd have an order in right away and not even attempt put the order through for 2 weeks (and who knows if it's even done now) is pretty shitty.

tl;dr: put order in 2 weeks ago, still dont have any confirmation production number - how long should this take?
Appreciate 0