E90M3JETS
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcarls
Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
Yeah it is, average lifespan of a car generation is about 7 years. By that time competitors will have redesigned cars that will have updated tech and features. Since every manufacturer have different refresh years, this happens. The C Class has sense been redesigned and the A4 was just redesigned. The 3 Series will be the last of the three to be redesigned, not because they're "slow", that's just how the redesign windows fall given the 7 year life spans. Hell a common complaint about the now previous B8 A4 was how dated the interior was.

And the knock about halogen lights is funny, the C-Class and A4 also come standard with halogen lights.

I get being critical of things but the circle jerking and overall level of ignorance never fails to amuse.

Also per your link, BMW sold 63% more cars than Audi did in March. Just under MB and was dead on in sales against Lexus.
Tell that to your boss, but I beat them in total revenue....growth rate doesn't matter.

It's just ignorant, I think BMW and almost all companies (besides Tesla and Amazon) are victims to #'s and growth versus building the "ultimate driving machine". Halogen is just a reference of something that shouldn't be in a $40k car. Not a comparison of what others are doing and getting higher growth rates.
Well said. I believe it is also due to the fact BMW has stopped to build unique cars. I still remember when the E46 came out it was totally different than any other car on the road inside and out. Nowadays BMW is so conservative that any product is not different than what Toyota/Lexus can offer at a significant discount. There is nothing special about it. M cars also fail to impress and became just tweaked versions of the "regular" models. I bet e46 and e90 M3 will be classic cars decades in the future while the the current generation will continue to decline in price as there is nothing special about it. My $0.02. Hope BMW hears us and change things fast
Appreciate 0