02-12-2022, 06:14 PM   #54
tnutt19
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8 GC, 2022 X5 M50I

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsf721 View Post
BMW corporate will only deal with serious product issues and things that will embarrass the brand. For everything else they refer you to their independent dealer network. They are not responsible actions or not in control of their dealer network. They can intervene in some areas but it’s unusual.

I purchased a new M3 from a Florida dealer. Had it shipped to NY. When it arrived it has over 100 miles on it. I was told they were test drive miles so I was pissed and given some $ off for my aggravation. Some weeks later a bulb went in one of the fog lights. Took the car in for oil change and bulb. I was told bulbs are not covered on pre owned vehicles. I said it’s new. Well it was registered in Florida previously. My title said new so there was some kind of fraud at the dealer.

Called dealer letting them know they sold a used car as new. They basically said no we did not and said pound sand. I called BMW NA in NJ and provided proof and they asked dealer to provide paperwork to the contrary.

I ended up getting a 100,000 mile BMW warranty from the dealer at no charge for agreeing to keep the car and not pursue any legal action against the dealer. There was a ton of fraud. This was 1988 and I should have pressed for a new car. I was young and just happy to be able to get my hands on an E30 M3 period. I’m sorry I ever sold it.
What a story! Beautiful car! Car dealerships pull stuff like this all the time, getting harder for them to do so though with technology making it easier for us to see history. I went through litigation with a used car dealer a few years back that bought a 550 at auction and sold it as clean car fax. Turned out he was buying them damaged, fixing them and then presenting car fax before it updated. I prevailed after 2 years of litigation. It also helped that I called over 100 auction houses until I found the one he bought it from and got the proof I needed.
Appreciate 0