12-14-2018, 11:15 AM   #44
evanevery
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: iXM60, i8 Rdstr, M4, i7 M70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
https://driving.ca/auto-news/news/mo...ng-gas-engines

Anyone who tells you that the electric car in your future will be just as convenient as the gasoline-fueled vehicle you’re currently driving is lying...

{snip}

why, again, are we going through the trials and tribulations of rebuilding a refueling infrastructure that already serves us so well?
It is MORE convenient. I've been doing it for 5 years. I do it SPECIFICALLY because it is much more convenient. I unplug the car when I leave in the morning and I plug it back in when I get home in the evening. Are you calling me a liar?

We have rebuilt lots of stuff in our infrastructure because "PROGRESS". We have rebuilt our electrical transmissions systems numerous time (or do you still have fuses instead of breakers, or cotton insulated wires in YOUR house?) We have changed our television transmission systems (analog to digital), cell phone transmission systems (CDMA/TDMA to GSM), Radio broadcast systems (AM/FM to Satellite), Navigation (Maps to GPS), Fuel (Corn/Oats to Gasoline to Electric), and so many other systems in the name of PROGRESS.

NETFLIX "served us so well" when they mailed us DVD's - now they have changed their delivery system to streaming. See? PROGRESS.

PROGRESS because it is more convenient, flexible, functional, reliable, cheaper, or better for the planet.

I can effectively run my EV on Solar Power, Wind Power, Geothermal, Nuclear, etc. You simply don't have that option with an ICE.

I'm curious what the source of your Rant is and what agenda its trying to bolster. I've been running EV's for 5 years quite simply cause its much more convenient. All the rest (saving the planet, etc) is just gravy...

Get over it.

Last edited by evanevery; 12-14-2018 at 11:37 AM..
Appreciate 0