07-07-2014, 12:53 PM   #8
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadnashuanh View Post
You only buy the car once! My dealer traded another to get the options I wanted, and they took a flatbed to pick it up...it just seemed like the right thing to do. Why spend an extra (nearly) $4k with oil changes, antifreeze, muffler, spark plugs, etc. that need maintenance for what may be a one-time use? The BEV really only has one service at 2-years to change the brake fluid and replace the cabin air filter.
I hear you, but going from dealer to dealer is different. They wouldn't drive your car from one dealer to another and put miles on your brand new car to transport it, just like they don't drive X5's up from South Carolina to deliver them to NY or CA (or SC for that matter!)…. My point was really, not just for the initial delivery (though the thought of picking up a new car and needing a flatbed once you're almost home does bug me, even if he did have other options), but just seems logical to me that if you're spending this much on a car, the extra $4k to double your distance even if you only need it occasionally is worth it, IMHO. Obviously that's subjective, but I'm just responding to those that have said the Rex goes against the 'city car' principle the car was designed for… just because you only use it in the city/around town 90% of the time, why not add an available feature that lets you take longer trips on occasion as well, if for no other reason than giving you piece of mind during those trips.

It's a fun little car, why wouldn't you want to take it on the occasional day or weekend trip to grandma's or whatever, or even short vacations (that don't require a ton of gear, of course ).. That's all I really meant.
Appreciate 0