No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holset View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by irablumberg View Post
I have mentioned this elsewhere, but I'm happy to repeat here that Pirelli makes a high performance snow tire, the PZero Winter. It is one of the few that is made specifically in stock sizes for the M5 and is sold by BMW dealers for the M5.

I have a set of these on my 706 wheels, which are my dedicated winter wheels. I got very little opportunity to drive in snow this winter but on cold and wet days, these tires worked very well. They also appear to have a good reputation. In general, at least on dry but cold roads, these tires were comfortable, reasonably quiet, and handled surprisingly.
I have the Pzero Winter too stock dimensions on the stock rims and they work fine.
Thanks for the advice! That was my problem with the PZeros. They were just "fine" as a winter tire — they worked pretty well for purposes of snow/ice duty, but the performance left a lot to be desired. I feel like the last few winters I didn't get enough snow days to justify a huge decrease in performance for 4 to 5 months.