02-13-2019, 03:09 PM   #75
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
Pump gas vs Race Gas baby. I've used both on different platforms. It's a different world. On my logging, 21-22psi on pump 93 doesn't pull any timing...beyond that I would use Boostane and relog or Race Gas. Powerwise, 21-22 on RC, JB4, OnfirePiggy, etc will make the same power....when you leave pump...JB4 for the win...or a flash plus JB4 as a map controller....
Thanks.

I've used 104 octane race gas in my RS7 with APR stage 2--made a world of difference. I just have one helluva hard time getting race gas here in WA. I've bought the dreaded snake oil octane boosters including boostane and the orange and white can with Race Gas written on it; I forget the brand unless that's it.

The M5 definitely made more power on map 6 but I broke things following a round of E-Sys coding. In short, the JB4 can no longer talk to the ECU via the OBD II port which forces me back to map 1. The car's being re-flashed e2e, though, as part of the repairs so I'm hoping that restores the JB4.

My seat-of-the-pants dyno was happy but without objective "stock" numbers, I can't place any credence in the DynoPack numbers. C'est la vie... my wait's almost over.

Last edited by limeypride; 02-13-2019 at 09:00 PM..
Appreciate 0