View Single Post
      10-26-2007, 09:13 AM   #2
Alex@AKMotorwerk
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by G33 View Post
any1 got any tips on how to fit the new m3 spoiler on properly..i dont wanna screw it up!
do a dry test fit to see where it should go and mark a few spots with some blue painters tape.

Clean the bottom of the spoiler with denatured alcohol and put the 3m tape on the spoiler. Then clean the edge of the trunk where the spoiler will go with denatured alcohol as well (this gets rid of any wax or anything that might not let the 3m tape stick very well, and the denatured alcohol will not hurt ur paint). Spray the edge of the trunk and the tape with Windex and place the spoiler on the trunk. The windex allows you a good few minutes to slide the spoiler around before the tape starts to become sticky. Once you get the spoiler where you want it, use some of that blue painters tape to hold it in place, I also used a few clamps with rubber on the tips to hold the corners of the spoiler down. Then take a blow dryer to it for about 5 mins or so to dry up the windex. When the windex starts to dry, the 3m tape will be just as sticky as it was before.

After about 30 mins, remove blue tape and clamps if you used them and clean off the spoiler, trunk and back bumper, cause windex will drip everywhere. Another good idea is to leave the trunk open when ur installing it, it makes it easier if you need to lift the trunk to get a better look to line it up straight.

Good luck bro, not that hard to do... don't be scared!
Appreciate 0