View Single Post
      03-24-2019, 11:21 AM   #113
Mingwan
Major
Rep
Drives: X1 Individual custom paint

Drove one a couple of weeks ago. I thought I was going to hate it, but I didn’t. There were many issues I had with the car, though. I thought power was good, of course. The handling surprised me in a good way as well as the steering feel. Ride quality was subpar; I was maybe expecting better and I’ve gotta say that sometimes the thing rode like a dump truck. Noise isolation in the cabin was poor, but maybe the lack of engine noises amplified those noises that I’m not used to hearing as loudly. I think cheaping out on the interior by removing as many buttons and panels as possible played in their favor. I didn’t really get any interior rattles or vibrational noises.

Then of course, you start noticing the panel gaps, etc etc. keeping it short, all I can say about the interior is that with the exception of the large screen and the seats, everything else felt like it belongs on 20k car...From a UX standpoint, the infotainment screen and nearly all the functions contained with it are designed terribly. Not sure how some of that shit received an “ok” for production. Also noticed poor weld quality, at least from a persoective of appearance; saw bubbling, inconsistent patterns. It’s something I noticed on the X and S, too.

Will be interesting to see how Volvo’s polestar 2 compares when it comes out.
Appreciate 0