09-11-2005, 04:13 PM   #14
JonnyCrash
Driver
Canada
Rep
Drives: VW GTI, BMW X5 40i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto
THANKS ATTY!!! This thread is really helpful.

Does anyone know anything about insurance? I've got into an accident 2 years ago and they categorized me as a gold client. I know that my rates will drop when I hit 25; I'm 23 right now. I've had an insurance policy for the last year and my insurance agent told me that I need to hold a policy till I'm 25 inorder for my rates to go down. Is this true? Can I just not drive till I'm 25 and the rates will go down by itself? Thanks for your help.
I don't know if the US is a lot different than Canada for insurance, but up here if you are uninsured for even 1 day, most companies will treat you like a brand new driver (ie. no history, no driving experience) once you are re-insured. Therefore, ALWAYS keep yourself insured, even if it is as a tertiary driver on a car that's on blocks someplace. Fire/theft insurance of a few bucks a month on a car that doesn't even exist anymore can save you thousands over the first few years you start driving again! Stupid, but true.

Interestingly, if you have a lot of tickets, go off insurance and try to get new insurance, they don't forget about your driving history. It only seems to work in their favour. Go figure...

Good luck navigating the bigest legal scam in North America.
Appreciate 0